 Announcements / 2851
2850  |  2852
Subject:
Philippe's Forklift Building Instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.inst, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:58:03 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

A few months ago I made Alban’s Forklift truck BI :

It has inspired a MOC by Philippe, another three wheels forklift truck :

I thought it would be cool to have a BI for this one : you have recently seen it appears on BS

About this model and BI :
  1. As you can see, the model is orange : the orange parts comes mostly from two “8641 Flame glider” sets http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/inv/sets/8641-1?withpics=yes, but I think it may be easily built in yellow.
  2. It exists other forklift parts version that can fit.
  3. The BI presents the forklift forks unloaded in low position which is unrealistic (the spring make it high position).
  4. In page three http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1132550, you can use “plate 2x2 corner” http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2420 to make a stronger assembly (cross your lines principle)
  5. The liveries (yellow and orange) are inspired by Caterpillar and Still (http://www.still.co.uk/products/index.htm) companies colors. Fenwick (http://www.fenwick-linde.com/wfenwick.nsf/ch_index.htm) uses red.
Regards

Didier