 Animation / 197
Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:34:29 GMT

A company cannot control what you do with a product after you've bought
it. Once you own the product, it's yours to do with as you please.  They
especially have no say in this as they've marketed sets for the creation
of these types of things.  They expected you to create movies, I don't
believe they have a leg to stand on when it comes to stopping someone
from showing any of these movies.

My 2 cents, and if Lego doesn't want people do this.. they shouldn't
have given them the means.

Tamy

Lawrence Wilkes wrote:

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message

Farlie A wrote:

Hi, sorry to bother you all with this but I am hearing some disturbing • news
in the fourm at the Brickfilms site.

The news being that the producers of a  fan-film called One: A space
Oddessey have been told by someone at TLG/TLC that if they distribute • the
film they will be in serious trouble.

Could someone please clarify what's going on before the wild rumours • start?

Alex, even if these rumors were true, I doubt that that is the kind of
information that TLC would be willing to share publicly-- seems to me that • it
is none of our business and a private matter between the producers and • TLC.

Well even if Lego wont share the information, the guys who are being
threatened by Lego are.
Just read the discussion at brickfilms
Lego seem to be behaving in a very heavy handed way.
I think they are wrong, and out of order.

regards
lawrence