 Administrative / Terms of Use / 194
Re: Theft, Definitive statements vs shaping thoughts(was Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 01:24:57 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, James Powell writes:
That is what I was meaning.  I would hope LSI will put forward a policy
_suggestion_ for both here and RTL. I'd like to know where I am going to stand
before I get steamrollered!

Give it up - probably won't happen.  Why should they do it anyway?  If they
define a policy to be [---] then they might somehow be bound to that, if for
no other reason than PR.  If they choose to simply remain silent, which is
certainly their right to do since we're talking about their property, they
stand to lose nothing because they can always just call in the dogs whenever
they feel the need.

I'm as bothered as anyone that stuff was made to just vanish here, especially
considering how stupid it was to try to shove that particular cat back into
the bag, but some of you guys seem to acting like we're somehow "owed" an
explanation or some sort of guidance on this subject.  We're not.

It really isn't that hard to figure out what you might not ought to post
here.  If you read about it on another website - maybe even one of those Star
Wars rumor sites - it might be ok, or it might not.  But posting a link to a
story they're running doesn't seem, at face value, to be that risky.  If,
however, you sneak behind the counter at K-Mart and zip into their incoming
inventory system and get a list of sets, well, that might be a no-no to post
here, but who couldn't figure that out?

This seemed rather exciting and interesting a week or so ago, until 200 people
e-mailed me asking for copies of the stupid thing.  I sent out a few but
ignored most (sorry guys, only so much time in the day, and 190 x 30 seconds
ads up).  I'm actually surprised to find people still talking about it, but to
each his own.