 Administrative / Terms of Use / 166
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:45:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, James Powell writes:
From the LUGNET Plan:

2.
           To help people share information about LEGO products
           and LEGO-related resources on the World Wide Web by
           setting in motion a community-driven knowledge-base.

Where in there does it say that something that a non-TLC employee cannot
distrbute info which he picked up by using a computer at work, instead of
by going for a walk down the isle with the lego in it?

James,
Above, as Mike Timm just pointed out, you quoted something which has
absolutely nothing to do with the Terms and Conditions here or the Terms
of Use Agreement.  What you quoted was from a plan document -- a manifesto
-- a public declaration of intentions.  This is a historical document which
is separate from the rules.

UM?  Where did I say it was in the T&C, I believe right above it I said
_exactly_ where it came from.  Is the above accurate?  (I hope so), then it is
part and parcel of your site mandate.

Go to: www.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=522 to see exactly what I said.  Either
what (Todd) wrote above is true, or (Todd) should get rid of it, or mark it as
being historic.(1)

I (and Jorge) agreed to the T&C that you (Todd) have decided on.  I believe
that Jorge was within the T&C, and the above _madate_ of the site to post what
he did.  I think that he found out info that anyone else could have, and if he
had not posted the SKU's, and that he was a employee of a company, that nothing
would have been said about the whole issue...I doubt LSI would even have
responded.---I guess if I ever come up with info that is like this it will make
me more sensitive as to editing the contents so that it cannot be considered
private info.--which defeats the whole argument LSI is trying to use.

James

(1) I'm putting (Todd) in there because I don't want any confusion.