 Administrative / Terms of Use / 188
Re: Theft, Definitive statements vs shaping thoughts(was Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:07:04 GMT

This was marketing info that TLC has said they considered proprietary. Are you
doubting their word on that? We're not talking about the integers here, or 4
digit numbers, there's a lot more business meaning than that in this data and
you know it. Hence, in this particular case, it's cut and dried, this info was
TLC property improperly disclosed.

Was it?

LSI has _NOT_ opted to publicly post what they privately E-mailed to Todd on
this issue.  So, we are into the land of speculation as to if LSI considered it
proprietary.

On Napster: While Napster itself may not be doing anything more than creating
an easy channel, people who use Napster to get copies of music that they
otherwise would have purchased are stealing.

_big_ paintbrush here Lar.

What about:hmm, my organ albums? (Irvine's 91 key...fairground organs)  They
are out of copywrite, and I _know_ I have been offered outragous amounts of
money for them.  Would it be wrong if I posted them on Napster and someone used
them?  No, because they are public domain now.  Same for say Bach, or any of a
large volume of work.  Not everywere has a 125+ year copywrite.

(in fact, from what I understand, Napster would be perfectly legal if based in
Canada.)

James P