 Administrative / Terms of Use / 167
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 01:02:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, James Powell writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, James Powell writes:
From the LUGNET Plan:

2.
           To help people share information about LEGO products
           and LEGO-related resources on the World Wide Web by
           setting in motion a community-driven knowledge-base.

Where in there does it say that something that a non-TLC employee cannot
distrbute info which he picked up by using a computer at work, instead of
by going for a walk down the isle with the lego in it?

James,
Above, as Mike Timm just pointed out, you quoted something which has
absolutely nothing to do with the Terms and Conditions here or the Terms
of Use Agreement.  What you quoted was from a plan document -- a manifesto
-- a public declaration of intentions.  This is a historical document which
is separate from the rules.

UM?  Where did I say it was in the T&C, I believe right above it I said
_exactly_ where it came from.

You did not say that it was in the T&C, and you did correctly identify its
source.  However, I did not say or imply that you thought or said or implied
that it came from the T&C.  What I said is that it has nothing to do with
the T&C.  It is not part of any agreement and it is a general philosophical
statement.

What the plan document says has absolutely no bearing on what you can and
cannot post.  You did not agree to abide by what it contains.  Use your
head, man!

Go to: www.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=522 to see exactly what I said.  Either
what (Todd) wrote above is true, or (Todd) should get rid of it, or mark it
as being historic.(1)

It has nothing to do with the Terms of Use Agreement or any rules of conduct
here.  You are taking a site-philosophical statement and trying to warp it
into some perverse rationalization.

I (and Jorge) agreed to the T&C that you (Todd) have decided on.  I believe
that Jorge was within the T&C, and the above _madate_ of the site to post
what he did.  [...]

You are mistaken if you think that the plan document contains anything in it
that is any kind of mandate or governs what anyone can or cannot post.

--Todd