 Administrative / Terms of Use / 175
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:31:30 GMT

BTW, James, even without the above notice, I don't even remotely see how you
or anyone could misinterpret

"To help people share information about LEGO products and LEGO-related
  resources on the World Wide Web by setting in motion a community-driven
  knowledge-base."

as some sort of blessing to publish anything to your heart's content in a
newsgroup, even if you did someone mistakenly believe that it was part of
or related to the T&C (which it isn't).

Do tell!

Simple.  Was the discussion on Lego products?  Yes.  Was the discussion on
allegedly public info?  Yes.  Therefore, does it belong on LUGNET, and is it
within the above and the TOS?  Yes.

What Jorge did was the digital eq. of looking in a catalog, that is hanging on
the end of a asle.  (I know at least one TRU that puts the retailers cat. at
the end of the asle)  Therefore, are you next going to remove discussion on
something which someone has seen at TRU in a catalog?  How about if they happen
to see boxes labeled with 71xx, Escape Pod as they are working at a loading
dock?

We (the LUGNET community) need some guidance as to what is acceptable, and what
is not.  Otherwise, if you are going to remove posts(1), perhaps some other
venue may be more appropriate which is not subject to such control. (but, we
would still need to know what the position of LUGNET would be as regards to
discussions in that other venue, such as RTL)

James

(1) I know, you do not do it on a whim, but...you are removing posts without
_in my opinion_ due cause.