 Administrative / General / 8499
Re: News search function temporarily disabled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 03:00:42 GMT

Breaking that bottleneck has about as much to do with style sheets as
a floormat has to do with salad dressing.

No need to get snippy. We're just trying to help.

We don't have access to the source or even the design documentation so all
we can do is speculate based on what you say, and if our speculation is wide
of the mark, so be it. It's not our fault. (whether it's *appropriate* for
us to have access to the source is an entirely different question, I
continue to lean in the "no it isn't" direction...)

Bet style sheets would cut down the volume of data transmitted (a bit) and
the computational complexity of page generation (a fair bit), nonetheless,
though.

++Lar