 Administrative / General / 8475
Re: News search function temporarily disabled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 01:36:12 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Toki Barron writes:
Hi Todd,
Did you ever consider a google search box?  Like this one:
www.sis.pitt.edu/~dist

That's an intriguing thought.  It looks like it requires Google to be able
to crawl a site completely, though.  I wonder if they play well with
dynamically generated content...

I don't know for sure, but I think that the search is done on google's
server.

Yes, it is.

--Todd