 Administrative / General / 8489
Re: News search function temporarily disabled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 00:43:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger writes:
I agree that have a "search X day back" is a good function...  Also, I
don't know how the search is run anyway - if it's indexed beforehand, or
run on the full data every time?

It's (currently) a half-gigabyte index that gets indexed in realtime (once per
minute).

--Todd