 Administrative / General / 7492
Re: jump.cgi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 03:57:27 GMT

This has gotta be some weird browser or TCP stack bug.  (No idea how though.)

More clues needed.

How long of a delay do you see here?--

  http://www.lugnet.com/mimg.cgi?200&-
&5&5&1&1&1&1&4004000400X0&http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/DinoTron.jpg

This one's very fast, I would say about a second, perhaps 1 1/2 seconds.  Even
the first time it was this fast.  Multiple times didn't improve the speed at
all.

How about this one?--

  http://www.adequate.com/cgi/lego/links/jump.cgi?ID=299

5 seconds.

3-4 seconds is just bizarre.  Makes no sense.  Almost like the browser is off
doing strange DNS requests as though it's confused by the multiple "http://"
occurrences.

Hmm...  What happens on this link?--

  http://www.lugnet.com/jump.cgi?%68%74%74%70%3A%2F%2F%77%77%77%2E%79%61%68%
6F%6F%2E%63%6F%6D%2F

4 to 5 second delay here too.  I think every time that jump.cgi is used I get
the delay.  I didn't get a delay with mimg.cgi, (the first link) though.

By the way, how did you get those long urls to not split across lines?

--
  David Schilling