 Administrative / General / 7474
Re: jump.cgi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 05:09:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
From this page:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=4350
I get almost a 4 second delay before the image loads.  Even if I hit the back
button and click the same link again.

That is soooo weird.  The jump.cgi script runs inside of 1/100 second.  On
ISDN, you really shouldn't notice more than 1/10 extra added time.  Anyone
else seeing this strange behavior?

BTW, what text shows in your browser's status window while the delay is
occurring?  Does it say "contacting news.lugnet.com" or "contacting
ww.guarded-inn.com"?

--Todd