 Administrative / General / 7489
Re: jump.cgi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 00:30:49 GMT

Wow, that it soooo freaking bizarre.  And it's consistent?  Must be something
deeper and stranger going on here.

Consistent across platforms using both IE 5.01 and IE 5.5.

I did notice that using Navigator 4.08 on NT 4 showed now delay at all.

So this is at least partially a problem with IE, which is not much of a
surprise, but then again, IE is the only decent browser out there now (Opera's
ok, but not good enough) so it looks like I'm stuck with the delay.

It says something like opening full_lugnet_url.cgi?yadayada...

Would it be possible to make a screen shot of it and write down the exact
text?  If it's putting in underscores, that's very strange.  Browser might
be trying to resolve the URL funny-like.  Might be getting confused by the
double "http://" in the URL (it shouldn't, but it's possible).

I didn't mean that literally, I just didn't want to type the whole thing.  It
shows (at first) the entire link.  Then it hits the redirector and usually
displays the IP address of the site it's going to.

Does the same delay occur when you use NN or Lynx or Operaa as when you use
MSIE?

No, dunno, dunno.