 Administrative / General / 4941
Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 21:29:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Shiri Dori writes:
No it doesn't. But meanwhile 11 people have participated in this thread.
Except for you, Scott, who came up with the idea, not one person is in favor
for it.
Sure, 10 people don't represent the whole community. But show me one other
person that, as a buyer, agrees to this. Just one. That might not change my
mind completely, but surely soften my opinion that there is no place for this
type of posts in theme groups.

Actually, it's still a bad idea even if 90% (or 98%) of people wanted it,
because it would alienate the last 10% (or 2%).  That's not what kind of
ship we're sailing here.  The theme discussion groups are for discussions,
not commerce.  Nobody is alienated by requiring auction spam to be limited
to .market.auction.

--Todd