 Administrative / General / 4895
Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:49:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Bliss writes: • <snip>
No "knee jerk" reactions please.

Well, you asked nicely, but I've got to go with my knee-jerk:

This would be a Bad Thing.  Quite possibly a Very Bad Thing.

On what basis?

Well I wanted to post a response to your origional message as soon as I saw it
but I decided to wait and see the responses it got.

Anyway I agree totally with Steve here.  Speaking as someone who only rarely
participates in auctions and as someone who has never run an auction (although
that might change) I would hate to see auction announcements anyware but
lugnet.market.auction.  I even dislike BST announcements outside of l.m.bst
although that has not been to bad.  I very well might stop reading some groups
if they started receiving Auction posts of any kind.

I personally found LUGNET first and tried RTL for a little while but I could
not stand it.  LUGNET for me personally is where to be.  On some days I will
just read post after post but on other days I have very little spare time and
therefore I only check the groups I am most interested in.  If those groups
started getting auction traffic as well I would not only be upset but I might
stop reading LUGNET on a regular basis.

I don't really have any worries about auction announcements becoming part of
other groups in LUGNET because that is one of the reasons LUGNET started and
one of the main reasons many people have given up on RTL.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: