 Administrative / General / 4909
Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 17:27:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Shiri Dori writes:
The reference is to auction posts of any kind, whether they are considered
spam or not is irrelevant and depends on each individual.

This was my point.

Like Jeff mentioned - it depends on the individuals, however I didn't hear ONE
buyer - not one! - that would be glad to accept these posts in theme-groups.

"3. All sets auctioned should be at least 3 years old - this will disallow
most clearance "box shifters"."

Three years might seem like an arbitrary number, and people will argue
against
it... or they'll want to change it to 'any discountinued sets'...

Indeed. But many may consider "box shifters" OK.

Exactly - even more confusion. 'Why are these types accepted, and others
not?' 'Why are private auctions allowed and not eBay?'

Everyone has a different opinion about what's OK and what's not. But since
most people seem to agree that this is not OK - why go there? Why open another
Pandora's box, we've got enough problems with auction announcements anyway.

"6. The initial post should only have the title "theme_name PRE AUCTION
ANNOUNCEMENT" - Nothing more."

Why?

To allow easy filtering.

Sorry, but that's quite silly. There aren't any ways of filtering messages
from the web interface.
You say that a method can be evolved - well, that's just more work for Todd.
Like your seventh post is more work for the council. Unneccessary work -
because this whole concept is unwanted by the majority of the people.

-Shiri