 Administrative / General / 13476
Re: lowering noise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 17:39:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Timothy Gould wrote:

   You know, I had a big reply I was about to post, but that I thought of what Suz said:

“Know when to drop it.
Some people have a difficult time quitting arguments. Either they’re afraid of losing face, they insist on having the last word, or they demand a certain reaction from others... Whatever the case: please bow out or move the conversation BEFORE it becomes a big deal. The longer the argument goes on, the harder it can be to let it go. So do it sooner rather than later! Everyone will appreciate it, trust me.”

I think you need to take a real hard look at that paragraph.

Yes I should. I’ve just woken up (in the morning sense, not the metaphorical sense) enough to realise that my continued posting in this subthread is every bit as bad as your starting of it. Unless I see something I really disagree with I will cease responding. I’ve made my point enough and Jeff has said pretty much everything I would only better.

--SNIP--

Tim

Thanks Tim, Mark, and Jeff for resolving this.

-Suz