 People / 4582
Re: lowering noise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 01:23:42 GMT

In lugnet.people, Timothy Gould wrote:

   If Mark had shown the same respect as you we would not be in this thread discussing it. In my opinion his post is as much of a form of trolling as any I’ve seen in the Qwelder thread. But as you point out, my opinion is no more valid than his.

Tim

The way it appears to me Mark has asked a simple question (the one that had been asked by Frank and gone unanswered) and you have reacted by bringing up an old and irrelevant thread in which Mark is guilty of nothing more than lack of tact.

The way it appears to me is that Mark is pursuing an agenda (to get other people banned) and reviving a matter which was finished and I have merely pointed out a good reason why bans for ‘flaming’ etc. are a risky business. To add to my argument I brought up the other thread to demonstrate that Mark’s opinion of what constitutes trolling differs from mine (and almost certainly other people’s).

I won’t speak for Mark, as I know he’s perfectly capable of speaking clearly for himself. The question originally posed by Frank was echoed by Mark, and I find myself wondering the same thing. I think you and I are having two separate conversations - one about Mark and his motives, another about the content of his (and Frank’s) question. What I’m really interested in here is Mark’s post in this thread... not to what I would assume are his reasons for posting it.

After all, if I wanted to discuss Mark... well, there’s no shortage of material for that. ;)

Kelly