 Administrative / General / 13471
Re: lowering noise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 05:09:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.people, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
   In lugnet.build.mecha, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:

   Questions? bring them to an admin newsgroup.

I have a question - and it echos Frank’s post that went unanswered/ignored. What was done to the people who baited and flamed? To me thier actions were far worse than Eric’s. It seems that the trolls, baiters and flamers got away scott free. And I think that it shows that acting like that is ok and accepted, and that is a shame.

Mark
Lugnet Member 1634

I was looking in this past thread and couldn’t find the bit where you called for yourself to be banned in it? Perhaps you could point me to the correct posts.

Although perhaps you don’t consider that flaming? I’ll tell you what though, I do and if I had to make a list of lugnet trolls you would be on it for that and other incidents. So how are you planning to choose the list of trolls and flamers? Mark Papenfuss’ list? Lar’s list? Ross Crawford’s list? Eric’s list? Gets a bit difficult when personal opinion is involved.

You know, I had a big reply I was about to post, but that I thought of what Suz said:

“Know when to drop it.
Some people have a difficult time quitting arguments. Either they’re afraid of losing face, they insist on having the last word, or they demand a certain reaction from others... Whatever the case: please bow out or move the conversation BEFORE it becomes a big deal. The longer the argument goes on, the harder it can be to let it go. So do it sooner rather than later! Everyone will appreciate it, trust me.”

I think you need to take a real hard look at that paragraph. You have repeatedly posted a post I made two years ago and for what? To try to get a response from me? To try to discredit me? Whats the point? I stand behind my two-year old post and I point you to where one of the most respected members of not only the Lugnet community, but the AFOL community said it was not flaming, but instead a post with respectful tones.

I have no problem with you having an opinion on my posts, you have every right to have them – just as I have my opinion on your posts.

I think posts like yours to me and to Eric is a fundamental problem of this site. You keep turning up the noise on Lugnet where others are trying to lower it. Would you like an example of you trying to turn the noise up? Ok, I can do that - You took my post out of the Admin forum where only a small percentage of people would see it and put it in the general population’s lap - a DIRECT disregard for what Suz was asking for. And you had no problem when Frank asked the question, but had a major problem when I echoed his question. If your motives were true you would have scoffed when Frank posted it, as it was also after you deemed Eric’s topic “over”. Your efforts are a thinly veiled attempt to start trouble - I think that is easy to see.

Play well Tim, play well - but please play well while turning your noise down.

Mark