 Administrative / General / 13474
Re: lowering noise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 10:15:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Andrew Bulthaupt wrote:
   In lugnet.people, Timothy Gould wrote:
   The way it appears to me is that Mark is pursuing an agenda (to get other people banned) and reviving a matter which was finished and I have merely pointed out a good reason why bans for ‘flaming’ etc. are a risky business. To add to my argument I brought up the other thread to demonstrate that Mark’s opinion of what constitutes trolling differs from mine (and almost certainly other people’s).

I don’t see Mark pursuing ‘an agenda’ here at all, I see him following up on a perfectly reasonable question that wasn’t answered initially. Here are his exact words: “What was done to the people who baited and flamed?” He goes on to say he feels their actions were worse than Eric’s but he does not say they (or Eric) should be (should have been) banned. I personally don’t see what the old thread has to do with this question at all, as Mark is obviously not the only one who feels certain members were acting impolitely (to say the least) towards Eric.

Jeff Stembel summed up my motives for response very well (better than I have so far) in his response to Mark so I won’t bother trying to explain them again.

   Tim

-Andrew B. BZPower Forum Administrator

I’m a bit suspicious as to why we are getting so many admins from BZPower giving their views in this thread. Seems like a conspiracy against me. Or perhaps it’s just a bunch of people who frequent a similar site and share similar views ;)

Tim