 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 361 – 380 of 403.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Can we define flogging?

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) quasi-market-related (...) transactions. (...) whatever (...) cash. (...) From a market perspective, these types of posts probably belong in buy-sell-trade. I think it is reasonable to ask in shopping "could (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: a few new things

Suz: I'll start small and work my way in... While it's not a big issue - the use of CSS could help y'all maintain uniformity of appearance across all the pages of the site with a small, reusable bit of "code" -- but then again, I don't really see a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: 8480 Technic Shuttles

Rob- (...) Did I use the word auction? I've sold things in this manner many times before on b-s-t and it's never caused a problem. Ever. I even was careful to word it so that it could not possibly be construed as an auction! I'm surprised anyone (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  (canceled)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  LUGNET set guide now links to BrickLink set inventories

BrickLink.com is kindly allowing LUGNET to deep-link directly into its growing collection of BrickLink Set Inventories from the LUGNET Set Guide. This is permitted on a set-by-set basis. Accordingly, I've added the links in the right-hand column of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.inv, lugnet.announce) !

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Mailing list gateways

(...) I meant, sometimes non-obvious needs exist even when no obvious needs exist. And sometimes when neither obvious nor non-obvious needs can be identified, something can still be worth doing. Most "needs" that people identify with started out as (...) (26 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New review site going up...

(...) It was a private email so I softened what it said. (...) Great idea to tap into Joseph G.'s enthusiasm. Sometimes no one does as good a job as someone who is frustrated by what has been done so far. Bad idea to write code for this function if (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Request for New Selling Group

The market sub hierarchy has been a more confusing part of the overall hierarchy than most sub hierarchies, has been for years.... The following are personal thoughts, just to be clear. (...) I seem to recall that there has always been some (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: All UK Groups subscribed?

(...) Very easily I'd say - that's happened to me at first. When I was new to lugnet one of the first things I did was look for local groups near to me - I found the section for my part of the UK - I think it was the London list and found it was (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  clarifying/reminding users of "the rules" [Re: Help Wanted]

(...) Wow, I totally agree. Though not so much about the added Curator responsibility. I tried to keep that job fun (^_^); and I'd hate to see the individual groups become any more like mini-universes. I think I prefer the idea of having a site-wide (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  CFD: robotics sub-groups

Last week, the topic came up about creating a special new group for Robot Arena. (See (URL) for more details and how the thread unfolded.) Assuming this belongs inside the .robotics hierarchy (rather than inside a separate .events hierarchy), a (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Question for Todd Regarding Mark Harrison

(...) This comes back to an issue I raised a while ago. (URL) (and follow the thread through) (...) You're right. No one else should take a fall for his transgressions. (...) Then as the boy who cried wolf one too many times, he'd be out for good. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) I see this as being a key distinction. It's a perk of membership. If a person wants to be able to influence the focus of spotlights, they should become a member, otherwise the general lay visitor is stuck with what the members feel is (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: a few new things

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:Gx9574.qt@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) is (...) from the (...) often (...) stick (...) have (...) blah, (...) The following are just my opinions, so don't be too offended by them... I think that (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Service Packs: Space, Technic, Train, Town, etc

(...) Happens all the time in the real world. c.f. WalMart(tm) and KMart(tm) shopping each other and posting ads highlighting their price differences. When I went to Scott's store and saw his prices I realised that perhaps some competitive advantage (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Web interface "quirk"?

I am not sure I have the followup set right. I don't quite grasp if web interface issues belong in .general or .nntp (neither does the filter discussion belong in .nntp, but I digress). I have noticed the following behaviour which seems quirky to (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

(...) Dang, and here I was going to nominate the E. P. Joslin Center for the Study of the Effects of Bushmill's and Guinness. (...) That all just kind of fell out of my head as I typed it. Looking back at it, I didn't so much mean "I didn't want to (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Maybe "Dear Lego" sub groups would help

(...) I think "bulk" is probably sufficient to convey the meaning, but "bulksales" is more clear. (...) Definitely .legal. Copyright is far too narrow. "Fair play" may not always be the name of the Lego Company's statement. And that may be too (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?

(...) Hey, that's a cool name that might work. Are these analysis/theory threads becoming too much to follow in a primiarly-non-discussion group? Are these discussions noise here? If so, then yes, there should be a separate group for this sort of (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) Well, the fact that they existed wasn't the point that actually annoyed me-- it was more directed at the 'contest' idea... What it seemed to me like you were doing is cross-posting these to lugnet.adventures for the sole purpose of building up (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

More:  Next Page >>