 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 661 – 680 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Group monitoring

My apologies if I'm missing something, or if this has already been addressed, but I was wondering if there is anyway to get notification of activity in a newsgroup here? Short of subscribing to it in e-mail of course. It's just that it seems to me (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.233)

  Re: DNS outage, service restored

(...) Well, I do not say this much, but thank you for the heads-up, though I suspected that something was indeed wrong in here. I am glad that it was not me being stopped, though. I have never said anything wrong in here...at least, when I was (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.233)

  Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

Alex Wetmore wrote in message (...) So, I understand that: You _do_ use Lugnet news groups, but you subscribe to the mail list because you are more interested in the robotics group (higher priority) and you would rather it came to you through email. (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.233)

  Re: DNS outage, service restored

(...) Hey, this same thing just happened to the Washington Post, so I guess Todd's in good company here. See (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.233)

  Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

Linc Smith wrote in message ... (...) list (...) I read via the mailing list instead of via lugnet for a couple of reasons: 1) My email comes in via IMAP, where my news doesn't. IMAP keeps my read/unread status on the server, which means that I can (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.232)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) I'd say .market.buy-sell-trade -- not the .announce group and probably not the .general group -- because the market.* hierarchy was really intended as the place for that sort of thing (selling and things related to selling). Still, the (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.232)

  Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

Todd Lehman wrote in message <36794b80.31897794@l...et.com>... (...) I'd have to experiment and see what happens if a user does a reply to all in that case. If it sends to the people in the Reply-To header as well as the To header then it would work (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.232)

  Slight change in gateway addressing method

[Followups set to lugnet.admin.general] [This message is also being e-mailed to news-by-mail subscribers] The Quick Summary ===...=== The format of the 'From' lines on news-by-mail messages is improving to be more useful and intuitive. However, it (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

mail
(score: 1.231)

  ng/ml gatewaying

(...) It would be possible, yes -- (and actually very easy) -- but doing so may open up a can of worms. I'll give more details below, and maybe you'll have some ideas to suggest. (...) Everyone posting via NNTP actually does put e-mail addresses in, (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.231)

  Re: posting failure?

(...) Did you post from the web interface or send it in by e-mail? I guess only the web interface sends you a copy of your e-mail, and the news-by-mail gateway only writes you back when there was a problem. Lemme check the server logs... Hmm, the (...) (26 years ago, 2-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.231)

  Re: Mailing list gateways

(...) I know. :) I was asking Steve what his opinion was. (...) What about a gatewaying through a sub-group? -- i.e., something like one of the following: lugnet.cad.dev lugnet.cad.devel lugnet.cad.develop lugnet.cad.developer lugnet.cad.developers (...) (26 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.231)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) I would not like to see posts to the <lugnet.loc.us>, keeping that group free for national discussions (if we ever have any). I much prefer giving these announcements their own unique news group. I would even probably subscribe to the (...) (26 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.230)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

Todd Lehman wrote: <moderated technical difficulties> This is your server and you have the source. Why do it the conventional way? Instead of mailing the proposed article, save it on the server. Moderator then periodically uses the web interface to (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.230)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) Yes, a group can be made to be read-only for everyone except the server administrator and a moderator (or a set of moderators). I've never created a moderated group before, but as far as I can tell, they're fairly easy to set up inside the (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.230)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) I agree that one can write Carlin's 7 words on the internet(s--for Dubya fans out there). That said, if I was the owner of a website and this website allowed other pepople to post stuff, and one of my rules was that no 'foul language' can be (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.230)

  Real-life name in web interface

(...) Because your name is Simon Denscombe, not Carbon 60. Aliases/handles get the backseat here on lugnet and are understated as much as possible. There's no room to display both in the overview list, so it goes with your real name. (It's that way (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.230)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/11/99 - 1/17/99

(...) Tom, Here are the options: (This topic has been kicking around for a time :) 1) Mike crossposts to lugnet.announce and lugnet.market.shopping, with followups set to lugnet.market.shopping. (Maybe also crossposting to lugnet.general, but anyone (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.230)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) From a site listing Carlin's 7 words: "So far we can still write them on the Internet, at least until the thought Nazi's finally get their wish and reduce the limits of content to that which is suitable for two year olds." Food for thought. M (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.230)

  Re: Slight change in gateway addressing method

(...) At work I don't have a reply all option. Of course the system is a main frame with in house e-mail software. I think it passes mail off to another system, which acts as a gateway to a Netcom connection. In any case, I don't have the reply all (...) (26 years ago, 24-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.230)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/11/99 - 1/17/99

(...) I would prefer this. Or even as a separate news group that I can subscribe to by e-mail to my office address. They frown very much on large amounts of non business mail, but once a week should be OK. Gary GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.230)

More:  Next Page >>