 Administrative / General / 12338
Re: Bye, bye LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:22:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Michael Harrod wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Felix Greco wrote:
I was going to respond by saying you're a big drama queen.  But, at the time I'm
writing this, 10 people have spotlighted your post and made it headline one.  It
currently rests over Joe Meno's very outstanding accomplishment at LEGO®Palooza.
Thats really sad.

Every couple of months we can look forward to some long philibuster post making
a mountain out of a mole hill.  Then the apple-polishers.  Then a Calum post.
If thats what this sight is about, then I'll shut my trap.  But if it isn't, I'd
like to see this petty arguing taken off the headlines.  I can't be the only
one.

Felix

Bring on the Calum post!!!!!!

Those are the best part of these things!

Dave K

From a site listing Carlin's 7 words:

"So far we can still write them on the Internet, at least until the thought
Nazi's finally get their wish and reduce the limits of content to that which is
suitable for two year olds."

Food for thought.

The Wizard of Uck. He's hit a raw nerve. Up is soooo chaotic. Unto you, a
cryptic message is born. Forget it. It's no use.

I agree that one can write Carlin's 7 words on the internet(s--for Dubya fans
out there).  That said, if I was the owner of a website and this website allowed
other pepople to post stuff, and one of my rules was that no 'foul language' can
be posted on my website, I'd expect folks to adhere to the rules--It's like if I
say 'People coming into my home must take off their shoes'--even though some
places don't have this policy, I do and I would expect people to adhere to that
rule.

My issue right now is two-fold--If I tell some people that they must take off
their shoes, and they do, and then some guy walks in and doesn't take off his
shoes and just walks around (whether he knows the rules or not), the ones that
have taken off their shoes will feel like the rules are applied unevenly.

And if I say, "I won't take off your shoes for you when you're in my house, but
I'll threaten you with expulsion from my house until you take off your shoes,
for I have a rule about not taking people's shoes off in my house, but I don't
want them" is, honestly, really talking out of both sides of your mouth.  Either
have the rules apply to everyone--"Everyone takes off their shoes no matter who
you are, and if you don't take off your shoes, we will take 'em off for you"
i.e. a language filter, or the rules should be thrown out.

But that's just my opinion.

Dave K