 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 41 – 60 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: spam crusher

Todd Lehman (lehman@javanet.com) wrote: : "Say, that reminds me..." : I just noticed this spam at the bottom of someone's post: : ___...___ : Get the Internet just the way you want it. : Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 2.801)

  Re: Cracking down on unauthorized image links

(...) I thought his tirade had some valid points, though clouded in negative emotions. (Thanks for pointing me back there to look, BTW.) To paraphrase, he made the following points: 1. Apologized to his bidders for the non-functional image. 2. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 2.799)

  Re: appeals mainly to adults

(...) This is exactly why I like it here so much. For so many years I did not build with Lego because "society" said it was a toy and a 30 year old should not build with Lego (Society and Peer presure suck some times). Then one day I was helping my (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

internet, mail
(score: 2.788)

  Re: Interface changes coming today

(...) Yes, this will be for ALL people posting to lugnet.* newsgorups -- whether they use an external newsreader or the web interface. It's not necessary for everyone to have their info stored in a web browser cookie -- that's totally optional and (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.785)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

(...) Hi Bert - Thanks for the thoughtful comments. You're right, there will be the same social issues here as there are in any other community. One of the things that makes (made, because it doesn't seem to be happening now) LUGNET great was the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general) !

internet, service
(score: 2.783)

  Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) This is a possibility that would provide at least one group with a semi-guaranteed semblance of order, but it does not address the problem still existing on the mail list, and thus the proposed (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.771)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) I've always equated LSAHS = LEGO Shop At Home Service because of the official name being "Shop At Home Service" as shown on the catalogs that come in themail. (...) Mmm, interesting. What goes in front of .lsah.specials? A (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.765)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) "I been tinkin'" about this a lot tonight and want to get it resolved real quick so Mike has a place to post tomorrow morning... As I understand it, there is a UK S@H service as well as the US S@H service. (At least, if the UK SAHS doesn't (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.764)

  Older Set info to add

Here is some more set info for Pause! (Todd, some of the prices I have listed here are different from what you have in Pause. I don't know why, so you can use whichever you think should be there.) ---...--- From the 1986 Mail Order Catalog: (NEW) (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.database)

mail, service
(score: 2.764)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) Well, give it a shot in .announce (for better or for worse) and see what people think. If nobody complains, and a lot of people are happy about it (and I think most people will be), then it's probably the right formula. So how about--? (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.764)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/11/99 - 1/17/99

(...) Matt, does this mean that you (a) don't currently get lugnet.announce via e-mail, or (b) feel that the S@H specials don't belong in the .announce group, or (c) would like to receive announcements of S@H specials via e-mail but not other types (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.764)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) Yes, this was my intent. I was not suggesting a moderated news group. A moderated news group sounds like it is too much work. (...) Yes, I think it should work this way. Except, I suppose the original message would need to be posted to the new (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.763)

  Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials

(...) I've always thought that a retailer sells directly to Joe Gritz even if they slap on the word "wholesale", the meaning of which has been slightly widened these days. I do not consider CostCo to be strictly a wholesaler. In cases like that, (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.763)

  Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/11/99 - 1/17/99

(...) Very true, there's nothing inherent which precudes the use of a more descriptive name, if possible (all things considered). (...) Hrm. Just saying "shop-at-home" is likelye to be misleading for anyone who doesn't know what LEGO Shop At Home (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.762)

  Charter for lugnet.announce.lsahs

(...) Allrighty then, I count four people (Gary L, Ben G, Tom McD, and me) who are in favor of the name being lugnet.announce.lsahs and no one yet directly opposed to that specific name. Linc S listed some other possibilities (...) (26 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.759)

  Digests

Until now, the News-by-Mail gateway to the lugnet newsgroups has only supported instantaneous message delivery: one e-mail message sent to you for each article appearing in your newsgroups. I am pleased to announce that the gateway now supports (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad.dev)

mail, service
(score: 2.753)

  New robotics sub-groups for RCX-Java, Palm Pilot, Telerobotics, VLL, Scout, Micro Scout, and Code Pilot

Seven new subgroups of lugnet.robotics have just been created, covering the following topics: - JVM/Java/Jini for RCX - Palm Pilot / Palm Computing - Telerobotics - LEGO MINDSTORMS Visible Light Link (VLL) protocol - LEGO MINDSTORMS Scout (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics)

internet, mail
(score: 2.753)

  Re: Any one know these email addresses?

(...) . (...) o (...) This (lego@poindexter.cc) is mine. I use it on Lugnet and RTL for my newsreader. I use different email addresses all over the place to find where people got my email address. I had tried to use lugnet@poindexter.cc, but Todd (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 2.745)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) I think 6 months is a bit extreme, especially to start with. I would suggest 1 month as a minimum, but you can buy longer time periods for a slightly better price. Perhaps a listing fee plus a monthly fee, so that a multi-month ad ends up (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

internet, service
(score: 2.745)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) I think you would be wasting your time there, Todd. I'm sure that TLC employees would rather spend their time by trying to make more money and by further juniorizing those sets and themes that are still decent rather than spending hours or (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

internet, mail
(score: 2.744)

More:  Next Page >>