 General / 1981
Re: US S@H Phone Specials 1/11/99 - 1/17/99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 05:25:57 GMT

mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) writes:

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
I post everything - Todd has a doohickey that does the page.  I'll be
e-mailing him directly from now on instead of taking up room on
.announce.

Oooh e-mail me too. :)

Or, Todd: can you set up a small mailing list just for people who want this
via e-mail? It's one of the few things I'd like sent directly to my inbox.

Matt, does this mean that you (a) don't currently get lugnet.announce via
e-mail, or (b) feel that the S@H specials don't belong in the .announce
group, or (c) would like to receive announcements of S@H specials via e-mail
but not other types of announcements via e-mail?

I receive the .announce group via e-mail and would be happy to see Mike post
the S@H specials to lugnet.market.shopping & lugnet.announce.  But I
completely understand if people would like to see the S@H specials sent out
as a 100%-focused announcement list.

It is currently very easy to install a new newsgroup, from which follows
news-by-mail automatically, but there is currently no provision for
customized e-mail filtering of newsgroup-content -- other than by actual
separation of groups.

(Hey, did we just come full circle on this?  :-)

Maybe -- because of the nature people want to receive this information --
there should simply be a subgroup of .announce called lugnet.announce.lsahs
for any announcements about LEGO Shop-At-Home Service.  Or perhaps instead a
subgroup of .announce called lugnet.announce.shopping for any types of
shopping specials.  Under those two (mutually alternative) possibilities,
one would set the headers typically like this: