 Administrative / Database / 499
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 10:49:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Todd Lehman writes:

Maybe what we should do is this:  I could print a list of all the sets and
set numbers we know about, and send that to someone at LEGO, and ask them to
send it back with any set numbers crossed out that they felt weren't
appropriate to appear in the database.  Then we could all talk about those
and figure out if we agreed that they were legitimate or illegitimate (since
someone at TLC wouldn't necessarily know for sure regarding each and every
set -- they might accidentally err on the side of caution where it wasn't
needed).

I think you would be wasting your time there, Todd.
I'm sure that TLC employees would rather spend their time by trying to make
more money and by further juniorizing those sets and themes that are still
decent rather than spending hours or even days going down your long list of
thousands of old lego sets, some that their parents or even grandparents
designed.  Not to mention that if they really cared about some pictures of
their sets not being on the internet, they would have browsed through the
lugnet set database by now and sent you e-mail.