 Administrative / Database / 497
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 10:19:26 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Selçuk Göre writes:
[...]
I cannot remember anything specific to this catalog. It has even no set
names and prices. Just the set numbers, box pictures, and asterisks on newly
introduced sets with minimal or no other writing in it. And all of the sets
has appearings in other catalogs as well. Only thing that I can remember as
a different thing from the other catalogs is an information page which gives
number of pieces for each set (quite different for a Euro catalog) and
number of boxes per parcel (you already have that page).

Maybe what we should do is this:  I could print a list of all the sets and
set numbers we know about, and send that to someone at LEGO, and ask them to
send it back with any set numbers crossed out that they felt weren't
appropriate to appear in the database.  Then we could all talk about those
and figure out if we agreed that they were legitimate or illegitimate (since
someone at TLC wouldn't necessarily know for sure regarding each and every
set -- they might accidentally err on the side of caution where it wasn't
needed).

But I remember an entry for a not released ever set from a vendors catalog.
Check out set# 6500.  [...]

Hmm.  That's a very interesting one, to say the least.  The info in the DB
says that it came from a "1996 UK retailers catalog" but I also seem to
remember that someone saw a photo of it in a newspaper (someone had a
clipping of it once, yes?).  If that's correct, then the only questionable
thing would be how different the retailer catalog scan is from the newspaper
or advertisement image.  Boy, that's a good point, though.  I'll have to do
some digging & research.

Huw, do you recall anything more about this set?

--Todd