  Search Results: gmltc teaser
 Results 2701 – 2720 of 3230.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

(...) This is fine. Have you considered...lowering the scenery and keeping the track at the same level? However, I would tend to think that it would work either way...and 10 bricks high is buildable by more people than 20 (about 2/3 bricks as a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes: <snip> (...) <snip> DVD vs. DIVX was not about 'standards', it was about profits. CC bought the sales pitch from the lawyers that they would make more money on DIVX than they could on DVD. DIVX players could (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

Larry P and I have been overloading my email server going back and forth on this topic today. This is what I'm proposing: TWO standards. A 'LOW' standard, and a 'HIGH' standard. Low standard is 10 bricks tall, High standard is 20 bricks tall. We'd (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

(...) Monitary donations will be expected / accepted then... Oh yea, we'll also need a bigger truck to *pull* this trailer - it's almost too much for the vehicle we've got now. So, if anyone wants to come up with $20,000 to $25,000 for our (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

john kelly <jkelly69@skypoint.com> wrote in message news:Frvws2.LtC@lugnet.com... (...) doubt (...) to (...) trailer. Well, you could always secure your rack with either a spacer or lock the wheels. I would suggest that straps could hold it to a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  New LEGO train realism? (was:Re:infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NCQ and RCX)

(...) This sounds almost too good to be true, but it would be very fortuitous for the GMLTC because we have just voted at our last show in La Crosse (went well, pics and mpegs to follow, but not soon as I am leaving on vacation for 2 weeks soon) to (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

(...) If we just use the grey baseplates, 45x60 or 45x75 would make the most sense. But, our trailer is 76 inches wide, with a door 72 inches wide. With the 65 inch length, we can put the racks into the trailer sideways, and still have enough room (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

(...) Short answer: No standard Long answer: There is no standards making body. But there were defacto standards... There WERE two standards, sort of. PNLTC and other "non legomodular" clubs seemed to be working to one module standard. At least (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

(...) I just actually visited the site a few minutes before your post - nice job on your Big Boy! It's too bad pictures of black bricks turn out so poorly as it's hard to see the details. Mine just made a cameo on the GMLTC layout in La Crosse last (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  Re: New LEGO train realism

(...) Other than *constant* whining and harping on the subject for as long as he's been in the GMTLC... <grin> (...) Hurricane = lots of blowing air. See also my previous comments... JohnG (the quietest of the three Johns in the GMLTC!) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes: <snip> (...) <snip> Serious question: How likely is it that we'll ever be at a show where we need to think of "compatible modules"? The closest other train club (so far) to us is where? Georgia? PNTLC? We (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

(...) 14 tables, each 40" x 65" (128 studs x 208 studs). Total layout dimensions should be 672 studs x 1040 studs. Low end will have tracks at 8 (10?) bricks above the baseplate, high end will have tracks at 20 bricks above the baseplate. Tentative (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

Is there a standard for the size of modules? Good Question. Different clubs use different sizes. In PNLTC we have atleast four different sizes. I think width doesn't matter too much, but length does. In generally I fully support keeping everying in (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  roundhouse discussion: was: Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) Actually, I'm honored by your use of the English language. Like most Ignorant Americans, I'm limited to only one language and I only dream of the worldly exposure/perspective Europeans have. Regarding the turntable, it's long enough to hold my (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

gmltc
(score: 0.227)

  Re: NGLTC at NMRA show pics up on the web site

I like how your logo is a take off on Southern Railway's logo... That makes 3 now by my count... GMLTC is a take off on Milw and I think PNLTC's new logo is a take off on SP&S but I'm not sure. I can't find the pics though, where are they? It helps (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

gmltc
(score: 0.226)

  Re: Lego Trains Record Track Length

(...) The GMLTC is currently researching the possibility. If it's going to happen, you'll definitely hear about it here first! (And we're estimating it would be 2500 to 2600 feet of track...) JohnG, GMLTC (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

gmltc
(score: 0.226)

  Re: NGLTC wins over local NMRA assocation!

(...) Or tell them that you won't be back because the NGLTC has "outgrown" the NMRA show... <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

gmltc
(score: 0.226)

  Re: Chimney Mount of 396 Thatcher Perkins

(...) There is a 2x3 plate that fits on top of the 1x2 plate in the next step. The studs from the 1x2 fit into the 'holes' of the 2x3, so the 1x2 tile is needed, otherwise the smokestack wouldn't fit on it at all. JohnG, GMLTC (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

gmltc
(score: 0.226)

  Re: NGLTC wins over local NMRA assocation!

(...) Wow - how can I reply to a comment like that? Superlatives fail me... Kudos! Fantastic! Great! Well Done! Congratulations! Bravo! Excellent! And next time, you'll probably do even better!! JohnG, GMLTC (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

gmltc
(score: 0.226)

  Re: Help with waist design

(...) I have had good luck with a very 'low tech' solution to the 4x4 turntable: I just looped a rubber band (from an old Technic set!) around the 'base' piece, so that the 'top' piece sat over it in two spots. The rubber gave some friction between (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.mecha)

gmltc
(score: 0.226)

More:  Next Page >>