  Search Results: ethnic minifig
 Results 41 – 60 of about 17000.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) I read somewhere here that Lego only does yellow heads to stay away from race issues. Is this actually true? Has anyone confirmed this with Lego? Earlier I had just took the yellow head thing for gospel when I read it. Honestly I don't see (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.western)

ethnic
(score: 1.662)

  Re: This new subject doesn't reset the thread (Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

richard marchetti wrote in message ... (...) That still doesn't entitle you to insult people. If I say "All people who live in East Boogle are morons." (thinking that's a totally fake location) and someone says "hey, I live in East Boogle", you've (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

ethnic
(score: 1.660)

  Re: Reagan... not exactly libertarian, but close

Lindsay, (...) time. (...) I went (...) council in (...) shot by (...) that (...) with (...) like (...) Hmm... well, I guess my political philosophy is definately right / conservative (Which, in actuality, classic liberal) / Budding Libertarian. My (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.660)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

(...) :-) (...) Hey! Is that another ethnic slur? 8^) Dave! (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.658)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

Eric, (...) Thank you for being the one to point this out--I thought about it but figured I'd be taken to task for being uptight or something, and after the day I had I didn't think it would be worth it. Unfortunately, you're absolutely right about (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.658)

  Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question

(...) Whoa there... Here's my take, not like anyone cares... :-) No one has a right not to be offended. If someone chooses to use language that is bigoted or demonstrates prejudice, as long as that person is not advocating the initiation of force, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.657)

  Re: PCisms (was :Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question)

(...) Actually, I did too. :) I'm a very un-uptight (downtight?) person, so it was surprising to see such a visceral indictment of a post I made in a completely neutral mood--I think (and correct me on this if I'm wrong) that Tom believed I was (...) (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.657)

  Re: PCisms (was :Re: Yet Another Episode 1 Question)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes: [snip] (...) even (...) slur. It was originally a slur, but it isn't now. Now it has just become a part of our language. It had never occurred to me that it was a slur before this came up. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.657)

  Re: Pax Americana (was Re: Where did you lot spring from?)

(...) Disneyfication (...) idea (...) entirely (...) Indeed each 'culture' has an obsession with 'home-grown=100% pure' (...) own (...) Some call it Coca cola colonisation. (...) been (...) Australian (...) there (...) One of the guys at work (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.656)

  Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy

I was snooping through Brickset today, and came upon something. TLC has firmly taken a stand on the race issue, saying that they give children yellow heads and let them play with them however they want to. They say they don't take sides when it (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.655)

  Re: A simple answer

I didn't mean to imply they would sue them over a portrayal of ethnicity, I meant that someone might sue to have their group represented as part of TLG's population of minifigs (if TLG actually started making ethnic 'figs). Dave (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy

(...) Aye, you both make good points. But the thing about this is that it's not Legoland, it's Star Wars land. This is the first time (I believe) that Lego has tackled something like this. They're making Lego figs of REAL people. I think that they (...) (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.655)

  Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy

(...) But that makes them absolutly NO DIFFERENT as a mini-fig. If mini-Han and mini-Luke had tan heads then it would make sense for mini-Lando to have a brown head. However they are not based on the actors. Mini-Luke and mini-Han have yellow heads (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.654)

  Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy

(...) I *know* they're characters. Here's my point. Tell me the name of the guy who is portrayed by the Indian Cheif. The actual guy. There isn't one! It's just a generic figure. Now, I can tell you the names of the guys who are portrayed by the (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.654)

  Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy

(...) did. (...) I too must offer a belated apology. (Busy, school, finales, etc.) I tend to be stubborn myself. I still am trying to figure out why people think I was trying to deny the hardships of various 'racial' groups. That was definatly not (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.654)

  Standardized tests (was: Yummy!)

Sorry for the length of this folks, I so rarely get to use my Masters of Education ;-) (...) I think that whether one agrees or disagrees depends largely on what they think they are agreeing to. That page says a fair many things that are correct as (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.653)

  Re: A couple stupid SW questions...

(...) Ah...the venerable & eternal SW race card debate. I don't think that Lucas meant any harm by drawing on the stereotypes; that is, I don't think that there was any malicious intent. I realize that many folks will say that the Nemoidians didn't (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

ethnic
(score: 1.647)

  Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?

(...) I think we'd be in a very crowded England. Military might was the enabler of colonialism. And maybe the world would have been a mroe fair place, but it would be very different. (...) Not I. Exposure to both is OK. (...) Me too! The more (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

ethnic
(score: 1.644)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) Would you be happy with dark yellow? The fact that lego is making the ethnic sets, indian or oriental, should tell you that yellow is just the basic color for minifigures. You do not see red used for indians although yellow is used for (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

ethnic
(score: 1.643)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

Scott, please let me introduce you to a secret that I'm fairly sure most lego users are hip to... The "yellow" minifigs are representations of human beings who are lighter in skin color, i.e. white people. EVERY LEGO SET EVER MADE IS A PROVERBIAL (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.starwars)

ethnic
(score: 1.642)

More:  Next Page >>