 Off-Topic / Debate / 5486
Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 23:03:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Maddison writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Glad to see that SOMEONE is on my side, Dave!
-Chris (the one who started this entire posting thread, as well as who made
the offhanded remark of race)

First I am not blaming you Chris for using "race" in the manner which you • did.
Also I would never attempt to trivialize Dr. Martin Luthor King Jr.'s death.
I simply can not understand why anyone cares what color skin I or anyone
else has.  I do not understand why it matters.  We are all human.  I truly
belive that makes me either way above you all or incredibly naive.  I don't
really know which.

I know you don't blame me, Mike.  I apologize for going off the handle like I
did.  I imagine you MUST have noticed, but I'm a rather stubborn person, and
will fight to the death and drive an issue into the ground.  And I've been
brought up to believe that all people are equal, and I do.  I just asked a
question, and it eventually got out of hand.  Not your fault, mine, or anyone
else's.
-Chris

I too must offer a belated apology.  (Busy, school, finales, etc.) I tend to be
stubborn myself.  I still am trying to figure out why people think I was trying
to deny the hardships of various 'racial' groups.  That was definatly not my
intention.  My original statements of: 'race' and 'ethnic' don't dictate skin
color, really wasn't meant to be taken as an attack on you or anyone else.
They were simply to be taken at face value.  Then that whole mess of dog breeds
came into play.  Well the best definition to your original question I can think
of ("What would you say then?") I suppose would be 'breed'.  (We are all
going to the dogs anyways with this topic)  That is not meant in a derogatory
manner in case someone would take it as such.  Once again, sorry for the
shouting match.

-Lord Insanity