 Off-Topic / Debate / 5455
Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 14:28:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Glad to see that SOMEONE is on my side, Dave!
-Chris (the one who started this entire posting thread, as well as who made
the offhanded remark of race)

First I am not blaming you Chris for using "race" in the manner which you did.
Also I would never attempt to trivialize Dr. Martin Luthor King Jr.'s death.
I simply can not understand why anyone cares what color skin I or anyone
else has.  I do not understand why it matters.  We are all human.  I truly
belive that makes me either way above you all or incredibly naive.  I don't
really know which.

-Lord Insanity
Not to trivialize my above statement but I also can not understand why anyone
would pay so much money for a "pure bread" dog.

Pure bread or pure breed?  In the latter case, because you have a fair idea of
the size, purpose, and temperment of the dog.  How much excercise and attention
they need, how much space they require, are they good watchdogs, companion
dogs, hunting dogs.  Are they calm.  Are they hyper.  Do they bay at the moon
in the middle of the night.  Friendly - with strangers?  Prone to bite?  Are
they big enough to defend themselves from coyotes?  Do they have to be housed
inside at night?  And on and on.  You really do want to know what you are
getting in a dog.

Bruce