 Off-Topic / Debate / 5460
Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 19:08:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Glad to see that SOMEONE is on my side, Dave!
-Chris (the one who started this entire posting thread, as well as who made
the offhanded remark of race)

First I am not blaming you Chris for using "race" in the manner which you did.
Also I would never attempt to trivialize Dr. Martin Luthor King Jr.'s death.
I simply can not understand why anyone cares what color skin I or anyone
else has.  I do not understand why it matters.  We are all human.  I truly
belive that makes me either way above you all or incredibly naive.  I don't
really know which.

I know you don't blame me, Mike.  I apologize for going off the handle like I
did.  I imagine you MUST have noticed, but I'm a rather stubborn person, and
will fight to the death and drive an issue into the ground.  And I've been
brought up to believe that all people are equal, and I do.  I just asked a
question, and it eventually got out of hand.  Not your fault, mine, or anyone
else's.
-Chris