 Off-Topic / Debate / 5459
Re: Time Warnrer Cable drops ABC local Channels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 18:53:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ed Jones writes:
Time Warner Cable was unable to get Disney to sign a contract to allow the
cable broadcasting of ABC local channesl.  Not a smart move for Disney during
sweeps month, especially in a market as large as NYC.

So, for now, I have no ABC on cable (not a great loss really, except for "The
Practice").  Of course I can reattach the rabbit ear antenna that will give
very good reception (nothing blocking my view of the transmission towers on • the
World Trade Center and Empire State Building except the glass in my windows).

Anyone else affected?

Ed "Boxer" Jones

Related article on Reuters:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000501/bs/media_timewarner_4.html