 Off-Topic / Debate / 5482
Re: Time Warner Cable drops ABC local Channels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 16:52:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ed Jones wrote:

Time Warner Cable was unable to get Disney to sign a contract to
allow the cable broadcasting of ABC local channesl.  Not a smart
move for Disney during sweeps month, especially in a market as large
as NYC.

So, for now, I have no ABC on cable (not a great loss really, except
for "The Practice").  Of course I can reattach the rabbit ear
antenna that will give very good reception (nothing blocking my view
of the transmission towers on the World Trade Center and Empire
State Building except the glass in my windows).

Anyone else affected?

Well, I *would* have been affected, if I had cable, but I don't have
cable or a dish.  I use a 6' antenna in my attic, on the rare occasion
when I actually turn on the TV.  OTOH, I'm on a first-name basis with
the librarians at the local public library...  ;-)

Personally, I think a lot of people (Time-Warner execs, ABC-Disney
execs, local media) have gotten their panties in a twist over something
that, in the big picture of things, really doesn't matter as much as
they're trying to make it matter.

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX