  *79949 (-20)
  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) <CLIP> (...) I am in the computer reseller business, and we frequently get information and product specifications from manufacturers and distributors and a lot of it says that it is for in-house use only and not for distribution to the general (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) I think she was applying those words to the person who leaked the scans to Huw, not to Huw himself. Huw was only trying to be helpful. --Todd (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Huy's scans contain the following information: i) set name ii) set number iii) picture of set This information seems to be exactly the same as what's in the consumer catalog. One notes that he did not post scans of the entire retailer catalog, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Potomac Mills Lego Outlet Price List

I HOPE some of those are wrong! 8479 is above list! Snipped actual list. However the effort is commendable, thanks! (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) You're going to base your decision on what the majority thinks? Bzzt. Wrong answer. IMHO. Either you personally don't think it's wrong and you're prepared to take the responsibility for doing it (note carefully that the way LUGNET is (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) IIRC, almost all of those early prototype photos came from Star Wars fansites, and none from LEGO fansites. Keep in mind that those are two totally different communities and collector/fan mindsets. Star Wars fans do that sort of thing for a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Huw, This does not require a vote. It calls for swift appropriate action. You know that. Else you wouldn't be keeping all names out of your discussion. And FYI, I was equally distressed about the SW leaks and every other leak I've seen or (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) It's not about what we might think they wouldn't mind, but what they don't want us to see? Whatever reason TLC have is fair enough. (...) I agree with the feeling, but as we haven't heard from Huw, calling it "insipid behavior" isn't really (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Potomac Mills Lego Outlet Price List

I was at Potomac mills on Sat. and wrote the following prices down so that other people will know what sets they carry and the price. I only wrote down set numbers and price. Although I believe all these prices to be true and accurate, I may have (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Well, then all the more reason TLC should be happy that it has people all over the world (like Todd Lehman and Huy Millington) doing for free what they should be taking responsibility for: the timely release of set information on their (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) There are layers of confidentiality, obviously. I believe this is a breach of the layer between the retailer and the customer. BTW, I wouldn't assume that sending out retailer catalogs qualifies as "releasing" information. Retailer catalogs (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

Suzanne D. Rich <suz@media.mit.edu> wrote in message news:FMADnz.9p6@lugnet.com... (...) correspondent (...) purposes. (...) for (...) these (...) It (...) could (...) the (...) Looks like I have stirred up a hornet's nest here... I'll gladly (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Jeremy, with all due repect, you're missing the point. If heads of the LEGO Company wanted their retailer catalog to be publicly available, they most certainly could publish it online all by themselves. But first, I think they would distribute (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) And I with yours, at least the last part... (...) I've purchased more LEGO in the last 6 months as an AFOL, than I did in 15 years as a kiddy. AFOLS _are_ a sizable portion of the market share. Afterall, who else is going to steer the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Less than a week

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Liam Parnell (<FM8vG3.6sr@lugnet.com>) wrote at 01:43:15 (...) one! Glad to see that the collective UK rule is back! just one thing? Q. Is that before or after the tallest tree, in the forest is chopped down with a herring? (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Pre Fesrt shopping report - Ely's toys Woodford Green

Just a quick note, to let you know that on a short visit to the afore mentioned premises this afternoon I noted the following sets,all prices were going rate, nothing other than ZNAP appeared to be reduced.; TECHNIC 8203 - £2.99 8204 - £2.99 8215 - (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

Hi Aron, I know I answer again and it is very late meanwhile but the new 2000 sets HAVE trans-purple! (URL) I don't think it will glow in the dark. It is hard to make out but I think 5826 has two new transpurple coloured bricks in there. Well, this (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

I have to say that I agree with Suz. If that info is intended by TLC to be for a limited audience, then perhaps spreading it over the 'net isn't the wisest thing to condone, as AFOL's. I mean, here we are desperately trying to get them onside with (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set ID help needed

Frank Filz wrote in message ... (...) How do you know that there are two 1X4 yellow legoland bricks in the 450? I couldn't tell this from the instruction scans. We have one of these and I have been curious what set it came from. Does anyone know if (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) I'll echo Jeremy's position. I know that TRU in Victoria has the retail catalog out on the end of the shelf. All it is is a full description of what a retail outlet can order from lego. The price sheet is -not- part of it, and that is the only (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 2 messages in group lugnet.admin.general (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact