 General / 11239
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 22:17:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Earle Bishop writes:
I acutally have to disagree with your comment here.
And I with yours, at least the last part...

Besides, the adult LEGO® user group arena is so insignificant to the number of
children who use their product, that it probably would not effect their
marketing goals or strategies.
I've purchased more LEGO in the last 6 months as an AFOL, than I did in 15
years as a kiddy. AFOLS _are_ a sizable portion of the market share.
Afterall, who else is going to steer the youngsters in the right direction?  =

Well, then all the more reason TLC should be happy that it has people all over
the world (like Todd Lehman and Huy Millington) doing for free what they should
be taking responsibility for: the timely release of set information on their
website, which, from a web-design and usability standpoint, is an embarassment.
Given that 2000 catalogs have already started popping up, the smart thing for
TLC to do would be to publish all set information on their website around Dec.
1st, for those who care. If they think this would impact on Christmas sales,
then perhaps their product cycle needs to be rethought.

- chris