 General / 11234
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 21:53:27 GMT

I have to say that I agree with Suz. If that info is intended by TLC to be for
a limited audience, then perhaps spreading it over the 'net isn't the wisest
thing to condone, as AFOL's. I mean, here we are desperately trying to get them
onside with individual/bulk part sales, set design, and so on and on, and then
we (myself included, I looked at it all before I gave it a second thought) turn
around and pull something like this...
I know your intentions were good, and I appreciate the effort involved in
making the pics and so on available, but on second thought I think maybe ya
oopsed.
Now, if TLC doesn't really care one way or the other, great fine wonderful. But
JUST IN CASE it matters to them, I agree with Suz that erring on the side of
caution would be the prudent course of action. With that in mind I implore you
to pull the scans and your post.
K.M.

In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.announce, Huw Millington writes:
A correspondent has sent me this list, taken from the international
retailers catalogue.
Huw

Huw,

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your correspondent
(name?) neglected their responsibility to inform you that the information
passed
along to you was meant only for retailers and then only for ordering purposes.
The retailer catalog is traditionally a closely guarded item, never meant for
public (including competitor) consumption.

As a truly good intentioned LEGO enthusiast, I am asking you to remove these
illegal scans from internet publication and also ask Todd to delete your
relationship between adult online enthusiasts and the LEGO Company intact. It
also is protective of smaller retailers and of the LEGO Company itself. I • could
go into a discussion of why what you have done is against the interest of the
company, but I'll save it -- assuming you agree with the above.

Please excuse my curt reaction, but I am quite stunned and alarmed.

-Suz.

These words are my own and in no way represent the position of MIT Media Lab.