 Trains / 27405
Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 13:28:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, John Barnes wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I was fortunate enough to get a pre-release copy of this set, and I have
reviewed it. My review is posted at the ILTCO site:
http://www.iltco.org/library/articleShow.php?articleid=51

Thanks Lar. Interesting write up.

I would assume that for a "normal" metal clad 9v rail system, the new IR
baseplate can be designed into a rail car which has independent remote control
of a model feature. For example, assuming you can power a technic 9v gear motor
from the IR receiver, you could build a working crane. I think this is a nice
possible way to include this new functionality into the pro train line. Oops,
sorry, I mean hobby train line ;)

Yes. But you only get one control input so you may need to use reversible drive
mechanisms that do different things in different directions, etc if you want two
features... The RC cars have more than one control input but are too big to
build into train models (unless you're J2 working to 14 stud wide scale or
something)...

I need to do the experiments with 9V motors, train motors and etc as your post
is hinting at and as Dave K's post asks. If I get time this weekend I will.