 Trains / 27401
Re: Review of 7897 Passenger Train available at ILTCO site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 13:05:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:

.do you know when i'm going to be able to get my hands on one of these sets? i
need one as quickly as possible so i can engineer a few add ons.

.how long before the the train times out?

Sorry, I am not totally sure there. See my pics from ToyFair on BrickLink, the
placards say the release dates but I forget what they are.

.you mentioned the redesigned train wheels, how are they compared to the old
design and is there anything note worthy about the new design?

Two advantages as I mentioned in the review...

1. The power unit can power anything that you can put on a technic axle. Not
just trains. I could see making some sort of tyred vehicle if one was clever
(although the receiver and battery being all in one piece, in the baseplate
makes that hard)

2. The unpowered axle holder unit now uses a wheel/axle combo that is seperable.
It's no longer even a tiny hack to take the wheels out, that's the way they
come, disassembled. The axles now just loosely press fit into the wheels. I
think the friction may be lower, and also it enables people (J2 et al) to do
other things to make trucks.

I thought I touched on these in some depth but maybe not.