 Trains / 17987
17986  |  17988
Subject:
Replacing train motor tires!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:02:46 GMT

Wow! Thast's the first time I've ever heard of that. I noticed those rubber
tires on the motors before, wondered about the life span etc... but kaboom!
What an idea!

I changed the subject, some might be trailing off this one...

SteveB

From "Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories" thread

I have another trick to improve your engines/motors. If you take a close look
at the motor wheels you see there are small round rubber bands. You can
exchange the original ones against the rubberbands used in the Lego bicycles.

You will be suprised who much stronger your engines become (especially without
extra weight and at sloped track sections. Any feedback is welcome - I did
this with as many engines as I had bikes available.

Kind Regards,

Ben

P.s.: has anybody around some dozens of bicycles? I would need them to upgrade
all my engines since each two motors engine needs 4 bikes for this upgrade.