 Trains / 17970
Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 00:05:29 GMT

4) Pending B-Unit:  I'm hoping this is it because I'd love to see an
official B-unit set or add-on kit.  To offer a B-unit conversion kit, LEGO
Direct may need to provide the market data to show that there would be
interest.  What better data than the list of customers who have bought the
Santa Fe Train Kit, have two locos, and would have a good reason to shell
out a few more bucks for a kit to turn their second loco into a B-Unit?

Speaking of conversion kits, I just thought of a crazy idea;  What about
offering a conversion kit for the A unit to make it an Alco FA-2 or PA-1?
Engines existed for both in the warbonnet scheme, and it doesn't take many
bricks to change it.  I've already converted mine to an FA-2:

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=217279

And, if they make a PA-1 conversion kit, it would be a great opportunity to
introduce a 6-AXLE MOTOR!!!  Whaddy'all think?  An FA-2 conversion would be
more likely, but just thought I'd put both ideas out there.

-Stefan--"ideas, ideas..."-G.