 Trains / 16823
Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 14:34:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, René Hoffmeister writes:

this is interesting for train fans:

http://www.b-o-a.de/01.jpg

There will be two new sets for the Santa Fe Train available in September:

#10022; 411 pieces; $34.99: For building a Dining Car, Observation Car _OR_
Sleeping Car

#10025; 326 pieces; $34.99: For building a Mail Car _OR_ a Baggage Car

I'm surprised no one has commented on the incomplete color schemes. The cars
of Sante Fe passenger cars match the color scheme of the engine (War
Bonnet). These cars are missing the yellow and red stripes along the sides.
Not big issue, mind you. Easily remedied by a purchase of bulk plates.

To me, these pictures look more like pre-production models than what will
actually be available at retail. I can't see Lego not using the gray train
windows that are so plentiful.