 Trains / 16814
Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 01:55:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, René Hoffmeister writes:
Hello@all,

I didn't found something about #10022 and #10025 in the LUGNET, so I think
this is interesting for train fans:

http://www.b-o-a.de/01.jpg

There will be two new sets for the Santa Fe Train available in September:

#10022; 411 pieces; $34.99: For building a Dining Car, Observation Car _OR_
Sleeping Car

#10025; 326 pieces; $34.99: For building a Mail Car _OR_ a Baggage Car

So you need 3x #10022 and 2x #10025 to build all cars.

This information comes from a catalog called "Shop at Home Trains - Your
Official LEGO Train Catalog" with 16 pages written in English and Francais
(no German, but I had it in my recently bought Santa Fe box!). Also shown
are the Fokker, Sopwith and the USS Constellation. I don't want to scan the
whole catalog, because I think it will be available in new sets soon.

Leg Godt!

René
www.1000steine.de

Nice, very nice!

While I love the special attention given this TRAINS/TOWN line by LEGO,
WHERE ARE the other popular themes of CASTLE, PIRATES and SPACE headed!!  It
seems to me that all the folk at LEGO Direct love their TRAINS/TOWN and that
the new releases are bent that way.  Don't let there be a Christmas without
CASTLE, PIRATES and SPACE again!!!  (I want to buy my kids LEGO for X-Mas,
but I can't do TRAINS three years in a row without them saying, "Not
again!")  Don't let your market slip away LEGO!

This rant is due to the latest Shop At Home catalog I received, man is it
dull!  The only bright gems for multiple set buying (for parts) are the
Harry Potter, LEDGENDS or some STAR WARS.  The ISLAND EXTREME is really
limited in usefulness, JACK STONE is boring even to my 5 year old, GALIDOR
does not inspire him or me at all and the only way we can seem to get sets
with real bricks is to NOT BUY FROM LEGO, but rather from Bricklink or eBay!
My son loves the TRAIN line, but he wants a little variety that is as well
made.  So do I.

Can I have a job at LEGO Direct so I can get more CASTLE, PIRATES and SPACE
themes added to with more re-issues and new designs!?!???
Brad?  Did you hear me?  Put a CASTLE-head, SPACE-head or scurvy-PIRATE on
the payroll of your department, and I've officially requested all three
positions for ME!
:o)
LUGNET Member #279,
owner of a Quarter of a Million (+/-) LEGO,
-Aaron-