 Technic / 6809
Re: Too much crane?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 14:32:17 GMT

Hi Jennifer!

First off let me say - I've heard about you, but this is the first time I've
ever seen one of your creations. Technic isn't the apple of my eye; I'm not
crazy about the pure mechanics with no aesthetics. But I love model team and
anything that looks good and doesn't just "do stuff". So I'm glad you posted
this announcement to other groups that I do check out, because...

Your model's awesome! The amount of details you put in it is amazing. I love
the use of stickers to add real-life details, and the way you've got lots of
form built all around the function... IYKWIM... your crane doesn't just
work, it also looks lovely in the bargain (which is more than can be said
about a lot of real-life cranes!).

I loved the use of the corrugated tubes for the cabs. You mentioned it
created a challange, I'm glad you overcame it. That was the first thing that
struck me about the truck - it's got a very smooth feel about it.

All in all, a very cool model, and that's not just lip service coming from a
castlehead like me! Keep it up, and maybe one day you'll convince me to
bring gears back into my life. :-)

-Shiri

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jennifer Clark writes:
I have a preview of a new creation online, yet another All Terrain Crane,
but with some new twists to keep things interesting. Still, is it possible
to have too many cranes?

  http://www.bricksinmypocket.org/