 Technic / 6815
Re: Too much crane?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 15:45:40 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I think what struck me was that you have to look fairly close to tell it's
not a model at thumbnail illustration sizes.

Interesting... when I look at it all I can see is a pile of bricks :-) I
think when you've been doing a model for a long time this perception is
inevitable.

The photo was indeed intended to be roughly congruent with the one on the
Demag website, although it is not perfect as it was a real rush job taking
these photos - dry sunny days are a bit of a rarity in Scotland at the
moment and you have to use the opporunity quick style as it never lasts long.

There are some good photos of larger Demag cranes here, that I found quite
useful for inspiration:

   http://www.hansebube.de/vorb1/crt1/crt1.html
   http://www.hansebube.de/vorb1/se535/tse535.html

Jennifer