 Sports / 227
Re: Lego and the NBA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 19:07:36 GMT

In lugnet.football, Christopher Snead writes:

Third, I'm getting tired of hearing the whole"Lego yellow is neutral"
argument.  That is complete denial.  it's easy enough to introduce Steven
Spielberg minifigures or Harry Potter minifigures that are a "neutral"
yellow, but where are the Lando Calrissian or Mace Windu figures, or the
Pele soccer minifigures?

Well, to be fair, right here:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3407 (Spanish, Portuguese)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3406 (Brazilian, Mexican, Argentinian)

Even if they don't have a 'fig with Pele's number (which I don't recall off the
top of my head), it's clear that these are not predominantly caucasian teams.

This seems to refute your point above; clearly, these teams are designed to
represent different ethnicities, yet they use the standard yellow minifig.
Maybe producing a bus that comes with Cameroon, Nigerian, and Tunisian flags
would have made the point all that much clearer, but it seems that the yellow
'fig is, for the time being, supposed to represent any/all ethnicities.

-s