 Sports / 222
Re: Lego and the NBA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 22:22:17 GMT

The "Yellow is neutral" line of argument is a total farce.  Minifigs with
yellow heads look like white, European people.

Last time I checked 'white' European people were not bright Yellow.

It is as obvious as the nose
in front of your face.  Why does TLC make minifigs of every major star wars
figure, and many minor ones, but never a Lando Calrissian or a Mace Windu?
Yellow is not neutral, because think how ridiculous a Mace Windu figure with
a yellow head would be...

About as ridiculous as the other main characters look in Yellow.  Now when TLC
announced that they would be producing Star Wars sets I was hoping that they
would make the mini-figs flesh tones.  Instead they chose to make them bright
yellow.  I hate double standards.  Either all the figs should be yellow or all
the figs should be flesh tones.

Anyway, after reading the extended press release (thanks for posting that),
I am not at all sure that the new NBA legos will have any minifigs as we
know them.  My guess is something more like Galidor or more "realistic"
looking poseable sports dolls.

Ick.  Why do they not just switch all figs to flesh tones.

-Mike Petrucelli

(Maybe my perspective is skewed.  I have never seen minifigs as human, but
rather as aliens from the Plastics Universe.)