 Sports / 214
Re: Lego and the NBA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 18:45:14 GMT

Richard Noeckel wrote:

In lugnet.football, Todd Thuma writes:
My vote is for tattoed arms and legs on the minifig arms!

Do you think they will be printed or or just stickers?

Red hair, don’t forget the *red hair!!!

               -R

*infer any other color that Rodman may have had during his career.

I wouldn't count on too much in the way of trying to re-create specific
players, other than perhaps one (like they did with football).

P.S.   has anyone though of any other unique elements that may be
incorporated into the sets? I'm thinkin’ shorts, obviously a basketball
(similar to the preexisting soccer ball) a back board & net…and not
a whole lot else.  :(

Well, since football (soccer) players wear shorts also, and they didn't
do anything for them, I wouldn't expect anything for basketball.
Probably not a lot of new parts like you say (I wouldn't even count on a
new ball though it would be preferable of course).

P.P.s. is it me, or does it seem as though Lego is tryin’
wayyyyyyyy too hard to appeal to the youth market?
(skateboards, basketball…what’s next Pokemon)

And why shouldn't they try hard to appeal to the youth market? They are
in the business of making toys after all.

Frank