 Announcements / 1638
1637  |  1639
Subject:
Lego and the NBA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 16:23:19 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

From Bloomberg News, I read this blurb in Friday's San Francisco Chronicle,
business section, page 2, column 1:

LEGO TO MAKE BASKETBALL TOYS FOR NBA

  New York - Lego A/S, the Danish maker of its namesake plastic toy building
blocks, will make National Basketball Association-related toys under a
multiyear agreement with the NBA.
  Terms weren't disclosed. Closely held Lego will introduce a line of Lego
Sports toys that will include NBA-themed items and Lego Soccer products (DS
- huh?), company spokesman Michael McNally said. Product details will be
released later this year, he said.

Not sure what they meant by the Soccer products statement seeing as the line
has existed for years already, but that's what it said.

This brings a whole new meaning to the dis "BRICK!", doesn't it?
Danny