 Sports / 203
Re: Lego and the NBA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 16:48:18 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Danny Sullivan writes:
From Bloomberg News, I read this blurb in Friday's San Francisco Chronicle,
business section, page 2, column 1:

LEGO TO MAKE BASKETBALL TOYS FOR NBA

New York - Lego A/S, the Danish maker of its namesake plastic toy building
blocks, will make National Basketball Association-related toys under a
multiyear agreement with the NBA.
Terms weren't disclosed. Closely held Lego will introduce a line of Lego
Sports toys that will include NBA-themed items and Lego Soccer products (DS
- huh?), company spokesman Michael McNally said. Product details will be
released later this year, he said.

So much for the slogan "just imagine.....", Look's like Lego has used all
their imagination.

Maybe they'll make NBA dolls like the Galidor dolls.

Jonathan (still longing for bulk packs....)